Monday, November 30, 2020

Teaching From Home

I'm teaching from Fulda today, the rest of this week actually. That is one of the perks of virtual learning; you can do it from anywhere. I have everything I need tucked in a crate, plus I have two laptops set up for live class. It helps to have one that I'm teaching from and the other to watch the comments and see if any students have their hands raised. 

The day was pretty typical, though everyone was moving a little slow after a long weekend. The 5-6th graders learned about infectious diseases: yellow fever, chicken pox, measles, and scarlet fever. The 7-8th graders learned about how DNA works. 

It's the last day of NaNo and three students are still a ways off from winning... this is the most kids I've had waiting to the last minute to finish. I'm doing the same... I still have two thousand words to write before midnight tonight. Just a little ways to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment