Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Dancing By Ourselves

I played hockey again at noon recess. It's certainly true that exercise gives you endorphins! I have a lot more energy than I did yesterday. I also did better playing hockey than yesterday. Too bad we're not having the floor hockey tournament this year! With all this practice, maybe I'd be able to help the teachers beat the 7-8th graders! 

For afternoon recess we had PE. They were excited we'd get to go in the gym until they learned we were doing dances again. Groan. They didn't want to get filmed by the 3-4th grade teacher again, so we tried having PE in the classroom. It worked pretty well and we were all able to stay six feet away from each other. 

They remembered quite a bit from November! We did the macarena, cha cha slide, cupid shuffle, and electric slide. Next time we're going to learn Cotton Eyed Joe. I'm not sure what other dances I should teach them. Since I know we can do it in my classroom, I suppose I could show them a youtube video tutorial of some of the dances I don't know, like Footloose, or Come on Ride the Train. (I remember learning the train one in 5-6th grade back when I was in school).

My favorite part of the day was a magic trick one of the 5th graders showed me. Her sister taught it to her last night. "Miss H, you should film me and send it to [our marine friend] because I think he'd like it too." She had a cup of milk from lunch on her desk, then draped a towel over it. "I can drink this milk without moving the towel." She bent and slurped over the cup. Afterwards, she said, "Hey, can someone move this towel?" A classmate whisked it away to reveal... the milk in the cup. She grabbed the cup, chugged the milk, and said, "Tada!" So clever! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment