Monday, January 11, 2021

Sledding

This weekend I bought a couple sleds for my class to use at recess so we'd have some specific 5-6th sleds. The weather was perfect today... 37 degrees and sunny! We had a blast! They took turns using the sleds and found fancy ways to go down the hill. And of course they had a competition to see who could go the farthest. 

The kids behind on homework turned a bunch of papers in today. Not nearly as many as are still out, but a decent chunk got wiped off the board. One girl stayed after school and finished one assignment for me. She forgot her finished papers at home. 

I spent most of my after-school time on the phone with various phone companies. My phone does this strange thing with certain people who try to call me. When I answer, there's no sound; I can't hear them, they can't hear me. If I hang up and call them back, they sound like a chipmunk speaking gibberish when they talk and they still can't hear me. 

Final results: Verizon can't do anything about it, call the manufacturer. Nokia said if their fix doesn't work, I can send the phone to Texas for their tech team to examine. I'd probably have to pay for hardware repairs and since the phone is over a year old, it's not under warranty. 

It didn't work. Currently, there are about five people I can't talk to (but it works if I talk to them through my car's bluetooth). Is it better to buy a new phone? Or just leave it until more people get added to the list? If I buy a new phone, should I get the same kind? Do research to get a better phone? Sigh... that's the last thing I want to do in my spare time. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment