Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Oldy Moldy

No school yesterday for the end of the quarter. I didn't get my report cards done yesterday because it took too long to correct my papers! So many papers. They're all corrected now and entered in the gradebook. Report cards are printed off; all I have to do is write them in the official report card. 

It's going to be a short week... tomorrow we have a half a day of school, out at 11:30. I have a Habitat meeting and plan to work in the ReStore for the first time in the afternoon. I should be able to get a bunch of hours! Friday I'm taking the day off to go to a cattle sale with Dad. Mr. E had told the 7-8th graders I'd be gone, so one of them asked me (if I was comfortable sharing) what I would be doing. I told her. She deflated a bit. "Oh. No offense Miss H, but I thought you'd be doing something more exciting." 

The 7-8th slime mold turned moldy over the weekend. Last week we'd noticed little white hairs growing on some of them. Today the hairs turned into a forest with black spores on the tops of the stalks. Gross. Pretty much everyone's is like that. I wonder if we did something when we poured the agar in the plates. Or it could be that we didn't move the slime into a new petri dish. The instructions say to do that every five days or so, but it didn't say why, so I didn't have them do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment