Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thrown Off

Yesterday's half day threw me off! We were done with school at 11:30, so our morning was a little off. We did a half an hour of read to self so I could meet with students one on one. Then we had chapel, followed by the rest of the morning reading aloud. Lunch was at 11:05 and then we went home! 

Since the afternoon was free, I volunteered at the ReStore for the first time to earn hours towards my Habitat house. We also had an initial planning meeting with the construction manager to plan first steps towards drafting blueprints. Ahh! So exciting! Mike has to do some homework before we can pick a house style, and my homework is to drive around looking at houses to narrow down siding colors. They gave me a list of things I get to choose for my house and things provided by Habitat. 

Today was another thrown off day since it is my Friday. I'm actually taking a day off work tomorrow. Dad and I are headed to a cattle sale. Mrs. B will be my sub, so I met with her after school to go over the plan. My kids helped plan the plan too. They didn't want me to miss anything in our read-aloud (since I haven't read it before and since I do the voices), so they thought Mrs. B should read something else. Encyclopedia Brown? Yes. They also thought they should do circular stories with her. 

Normally Friday's science/social time is a random topic they want to learn more about. Tomorrow, Mrs. B is going to show them pictures from Guatemala. That will generate a lot of questions! It's a bit strange to be leaving them on their own, but I'm sure they'll be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment