Monday, May 3, 2021

15

Sigh. Fierce wind today. My kids were climbing the walls. Correlation? Possibly. I put some of that energy to good use and had them practice our Talent Show skit a bunch of times, but even with that, they were super silly. 

The class iPad gave me trouble. Somehow the storage is almost full even though I keep deleting the videos we're filming (and yes, I am emptying the recycle bin). I texted the IT guys about it, but no response yet. 

After school I watched this super awesome webinar about making Writers Workshop more effective. The speaker was engaging and passionate and an awesome teacher; I want to be her. And I have a lot of work to do to even come close. My students aren't the only ones who have been slacking on their English assignments... I could be doing a much better job teaching them. Smekens Education. I signed up for a two-day virtual conference this summer to help me plan better ways to teach reading/writing in my classroom. I know it's going to be good!

Tonight is weather spotter training watched virtually with a college friend. Don't worry; I'm not signing up to be a spotter. Just learning stuff about storms and how to spot dangerous ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment