Wednesday, May 19, 2021

4

Caswell Softball Day. A surprising day all around. The forecast last week and over the weekend said the weather would be 80ish. I'm so glad I checked one more time before leaving... it ended up being 70ish and misty all day. I changed my outfit and was comfortable all day.

The other surprise was that the kids played great!!! Mr. E and I expected to lose all games. He told our team the goal was to get one run per game. We ended up winning our first three games (by quite a bit) and lost the last two (but played well anyway). I pitched all five games and am not too sore today (just a little bit). My kids said, "Good pitches Miss H." So I must've done pretty well. At times I had to do some fancy footwork to avoid the ball smacking back into me. None of the batted balls hit me! Some of the catchers on the other teams didn't have great aim getting the ball back to me, so I did get wacked in the leg once and a ball hit my glove wrong and popped a blood vessel in my finger. Still, I hung in there.

After the tournament since I was in Mankato, I visited a friend I haven't seen in months. Then I got a surprise text from my dad/mom saying they were in Mankato helping my sister vehicle shop, did I want to get supper with them? Uh, yes please! It was a great end to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment