Thursday, May 20, 2021

2

My kiddos are spoiling me this week. Two boys brought in cards with thank-you presents inside. Let's just say I can add a lot of books to my class library over the summer with their thoughtful, generous gifts. ;)


Another student (I think a 7th grade girl) has been leaving us teachers little notes in our mailboxes every day this week (except Tuesday, because she/we were at the softball tournament). 

The to-do list shrunk a lot this morning. We need to finish the book of Acts in religion (we're halfway through!), take spelling tests, and I need to meet with each student one more time on their read-to-self books. Of course, tidy the classroom and take down decorations. Then we can do our class prize: watch a movie. We haven't picked one out yet, since I wasn't sure if we'd have time tomorrow or not. It's looking like we probably will.

My class went on a token spending spree today. One boy reminded me to get the prizes out of the closet, so I pulled them out and let the two 5th graders sort them into "price" categories. Since they sorted, they had first dibs and picked out which things they wanted to buy. The prize box is a lot emptier, which is good because it was getting too full. I'll let them buy tomorrow too.

The quietist 6th grader bought a little rubber duck and then borrowed a mini-skateboard a 5th grader bought this morning. Next thing I hear is her singing, "They see me rollin'..." (part of the lyrics of a pop song) as she rolls the duck back and forth across her desk on the skateboard. It was hard not to crack up!

No comments:

Post a Comment