Monday, December 6, 2021

Found!

I searched for my lens for over a half an hour on Saturday. Cobwebs coated my hat from brushing against the underside of the bleachers while I poked around with a flashlight. I found $0.51, a new hair ponytail holder, two lego guys, a chip bag clip, a cuff earring and chain, a few pencils, and lots of trash. No lens. I swept the gym... nothing. I used a flashlight and pencil to get in all the cracks on the topside of the bleachers. Nothing. I gave up in disgust. I had to be under there somewhere!!!

My kids did a quick search this morning. Nothing. I asked the kids at program practice to check by their feet. Nothing. 

Later in the morning, a 3rd grader knocked on my door. "I found your lens Miss H!" He and his friend held flashlights; they spent their recess time looking under the bleachers (not too much of a hardship... they love any excuse to go under the bleachers). Hooray! I feel like the woman in the parable of the lost coin. Having complete glasses again is definitely my high for today. 

More basketball games after school. Half my class stayed, so I put them to work. We put the legos into bins and moved all the STEM stuff to the games bookshelf. They'll be much more accessible now. But where to put all the games that had been in that spot... The games we never play moved to the office and I put a few in our classroom closet. We use the STEM stuff more than we do the games.

In the midst of that, the kids made a 'pizza' to deliver to Mr. D, who called to ask me a few questions. (They now answer the phone, "Hello, Papa Murphy's!" so Mr. D took advantage and ordered some breadsticks and a pepperoni pizza.)

Our basketball numbers are quite small, so a few kids from the public school come play on our team. One is a 5th grade girl, and since she knows the girls in my class, she hung out in my room before the game. My girls gave her a tour of the room... "Books are like family in here," one girl said. Aww. 😊 The girl was impressed with our library, the couch, our class garden, and the flexible seating (the ball chairs especially). "It's so cozy in here!" she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment