Monday, December 13, 2021

Good News and Bad News

Friday was a snow day! Good news at first, but the bad news is, it cut out one day of Christmas program practice and now we're really feeling crunched. We went over to church earlier than planned, but we still didn't make it through the program. Part of the problem was the IT guys installed a new sound system at church, but didn't teach anyone at school how to use it. Thankfully, they answered Mr. E's call and walked Mr. D through the basics. 

While they did that, I organized the kids in their spots and had them figure out which mic to use. We only made it halfway through the program doing that. Only four more practices. Yikes! I sure hope it all comes together. 

Unfortunately, the crabby-s are creeping up on me... My patience is very thin these days. 

I had to make a new cd for the program and iTunes wasn't working. Thankfully I figured out what I was doing wrong. Props have been found for the few speakers who need them. Costumes were tried on today for the nativity students. After school my basketball kids set up bells at church. We still don't have the bulletins to color. I should probably look into that. Maybe we can get them tomorrow.

Another sad thing today: I thought my class was getting along great, but one of the boys left his computer open with Teams up, and I noticed some not nice words in a chat between him and his classmate. Ugh. It started because they were talking about crushes and denying things, calling each other liars, etc. Sigh. So disheartening. Now I need to have some private conversations with them both. 

And the one 8th grade girl keeps using inappropriate language for school, I always hear her and call her out on it. She complains that the boys do it all the time and they never get in trouble. Not true. If I hear them, I get on their case. But the trouble is, I don't always hear it. Ugh. Is it Christmas break yet?

To end with good news, a grandma taught my class how to make gigantic snowflakes today. It was great. The kids had a good time problem solving how to build it, I had a little time to finish midterm grades, Grandma had a good time teaching the kids. A win all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment