Friday, December 17, 2021

Last Practice

Well, our last program practice went super! The bell songs weren't too fast, the singing songs sounded pretty, and the kids either remembered when to go or they were watching me for their cues. There's one song Mrs. L forgets where to come in, but she's going to count measures and make a note when she gets home.

My kids watched The Nativity Story all morning today. If you haven't seen it, you need to. It's the one thing that puts me in the Christmas spirit when I'm stressed with all the program prep. Since it has so much historical detail, we ended up pausing it a bunch so I could explain what was happening and why. My kids were really into it and asked if we could watch it again next year. Probably! 

This afternoon the kindergarteners invited my class to make gingerbread houses with them. Then we did a bit of bell practice at church, followed by our regular 1pm program practice. And that was the day. 

Only two days of school next week before Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment