Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Spending Money

A generous donor pledged $15,000 to our school before the end of the year. Mr. E asked us teachers to give him ideas. Mine were for an outdoor learning space and hooks to hang the folding chairs in the shed. Another teacher thought of the Ecology Bus doing an assembly for us. Someone else thought of a fort building area on the playground. So after our meeting while I waited for bible study, I did research on all of the above. 

I found some giant lego blocks that would be perfect for fort building, along with some other outside compatible building things. The outdoor learning space I liked the best is out of the UK, but we could probably replicate it with an awning, wood benches, and a fence. We'll see what happens with our ideas! Mr. E had some ideas of his own... replacing the hallway floor, getting a new janitor's closet sink, adding a bathroom to the preschool room. 

I thought about going home after our staff meeting, but it snowed today, and I don't want to drive on the roads more than I have to. The snow was a surprise. When I woke up, I immediately thought, "Maybe we'll have a snow day!" Ha! Not a chance. Nothing on the school closings page. Still, we got more than they said we would. The forecast said a light dusting, but we got at least two inches. There's more to come this Friday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment