Monday, December 20, 2021

Questions and Comments

Only two days of school this week, and the kids are definitely excited. So many jittery bodies and mouths! 

My class had a normal day for once. Well, they presented their planet powerpoints to the 1-4th graders, so that was abnormal. Some groups made worksheets for the kids to follow along. They were surprised how much the audience struggled to keep up. Great teachable moment! Two kids present tomorrow, and since we talked about what went well and what didn't, those kids are going to tweak their presentations to make it go even better! Overall, the lower grades had a good time learning about the planets. 

My kids really tested me in religion today. They had super thought-provoking questions, so I asked if they wanted me to email Issues Etc. to see what their answer was. They said YES! (Earlier this year we submitted a question about angels which they answered on air, so my class is hoping for another on air 'appearance'). The question was, "We know God talks to us through the bible, but why doesn't God talk to us the way he talked to people in the Old Testament? When and why did he stop?" Before the end of the day, I had an email saying they might answer that question in today's comment line!

Before the end of religion, they came up with another stumper (except now that school is over I think I came up with an answer). This time, we called and left a message. Maybe they'll play the clip on the comment line. This question was, "Jesus tells the thief on the cross 'today you'll be with me in paradise,' except he goes to hell for three days, so did the thief go to hell with him too? Or how does that work?" We'll see if they play that one too! 

My answer, now that I've thought about it more is: God and the Holy Spirit were/are in heaven, so while Jesus was in hell, the other parts of the Trinity were in heaven so the thief could be with them right away. I'm curious if they'll answer both! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment