Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Just Snow? Or Blizzard?

The school was abuzz today with the upcoming weather system. Word on the street is we're getting about 18 inches. Now, I'm not sure if that's on one day or over the course of the storm, which started this afternoon and is rumored to last until Thursday afternoon. It's snowed steadily since 1pm, light, fluffy stuff just perfect for blowing around. And the wind is supposed to pick up Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. Some people predict no school the rest of the week. Others say only Thursday is a for sure snow day. My guess is both Wednesday and Thursday off, but depending how bad it blows, we might need Friday to dig out. I guess we'll see what happens!

Tomorrow we were planning to sing and play bells as part of the Ash Wednesday service. That's now postponed until next Wednesday. Mr. E and I decided that this morning so I wouldn't have to lug all the bell stuff over to church. The kids were disappointed we still had bells today, but we need the practice.

Most everyone else is gone from school. Mr. and Mrs. E are still puttering, along with our janitors, but my car is lonely in the parking lot. Tonight's plan is to get as much correcting finished as I can, read my stack of picture books (or save that for a snow day), and then start watching The Chosen. It's been on both G and my watch lists for a long time. It's a tv show (available to watch for free) about Jesus's ministry told in a narrative that makes the stories come alive. The show producers have done some speculation on the disciples' personalities and conversations, but I've heard from others it's really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment