Thursday, February 2, 2023

Tea Time

Someone bought a Keurig coffee maker for the office. It's been there for a week or so, but I don't drink coffee, so I didn't think much of it. That is, until someone suggested hot cocoa or tea. Hmm! They might be on to something! An extra cup of tea would be nice on these cold winter days... 

I brought a spare mug and a few packets of Sweet and Spicy tea to school with me today and while my kids were at PE with Mr. E, I decided to test it out. 

It seemed pretty straightforward in the beginning. Press a button here and a button there. Voila! But nothing happened except the "add water" light flashing. So I added some water. Still flashing. I refilled the whole tank. Finally the light shut off! Soon hot water sputtered into my mug and my tea was brewing. It didn't take long for it to be a drinkable temperature either! I finished my mug before the end of the day and drank most of it before my kids came in from PE. 

The kids saw me bringing my mug back to the classroom. "Is that coffee?!" I held up the tea string. "Oh tea. Lucky!" When they came in from PE, some of them asked, "It smells in here." Smells like what? "Like spices or something. Cinnamon." Ohhh, must've been my tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment