Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Day

We went to Nicollet for a play put on my MSU students. This year's offering was really good! It was a good message (not all heroes wear capes... parents, teachers, doctors/nurses, police, etc. are everyday superheroes) and the music was pretty good. Not super strong lyrics, but catchy. The main character, Blastogirl, called kids up to the stage to ask her questions, both before the show and after. That was a neat twist to the typical question/answer segment. Although, we had a lot of little ones sharing their favorite superhero instead of asking a question about their production. Oh well! I think they all had fun.

I had a good time until the bus ride home. Man, these kids love to get mad at adults! Any time I call someone out for misbehaving, they get mad that I'm not getting everyone else in trouble too. Ugh. The constant muttering under their breath is driving me bonkers. So far I've been choosing to ignore it, but I might need to try another tactic. The 5-8th graders are going on a field trip to the capitol in a few weeks and we're taking a bus. Maybe it would be a good idea to have assigned seats on the bus...

The rest of the day was fine, although they were suuuuper chatty all morning. My class was going to read in the gym for one round, but it rained all day so the other classes took their morning recess in the gym and that would've been way too loud for us. 

On a positive note, we had a good bouncy house session today. No roughhousing. Although I had given them all strict warnings that any pushing, hitting, or kicking would result in immediate expulsion from the bouncy house and that seemed to work!

G and I don't have big plans for tonight. Neither of us are huge Valentine's Day celebrators (why celebrate love on just one day?), but I do like spending quality time together, so we're doing a "no work" night and will probably play some board games after supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment