Monday, February 12, 2024

Comfy Day

It's Mt. Olive Week, and with that come dress up days and special activities. Today I wore my comfy lounge pants/pj pants and a "Catch a Keeper at Your Library" shirt. 

Our morning was normal, but starting at 1pm, the parents take over our classrooms for an in-house snow day. Teachers can leave, students stay and play games. I'm not sure what they're all doing, but hide and seek with the principal, gym time, cookie decorating, and movie time are on the agenda. 

I thought I'd get to leave at 1pm too, but I have a meeting with the MLC graduate who will probably be taking over the classroom. We're all still hopeful Mrs. M will come back soon, but in case not, we need a backup plan since I leave for Arizona February 26th. Hopefully it will be a short meeting and I can head home early!

One funny thing before signing off... a student in the other classroom got a haircut over the weekend. I hardly recognized him! Other kids didn't either. In the lunchroom, I heard a kid from a different grade say, "Hey! Another new kid! Oh wait, that's just [this student]." 


No comments:

Post a Comment