Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Sorry

After yesterday's lunch fiasco, there were a bunch of apologies made. One girl brought me a mint tea from Starbucks and an apology note. It was very well-written:

"Dear Mrs. H, I'm so sorry for all the drama that is happening. We should not have given her a mushy banana! It wasn't the right thing to do. I'm sorry that you had to come into all of this. You have been my favorite sub ever! I love all the voices you do! Thank you so much for being an awesome sub!! I'm sorry for everything! Love, [the student]." I wrote her a note accepting her apology, forgiving her, and thanking her for the tea. (Earlier in the week she had asked me if I liked coffee. She was so surprised when I said no! Then she asked my favorite tea. I thought it was maybe for a Valentine or something. Maybe it was but the information got used sooner, haha.)

The group of four met with me at morning break (their request) so they could share their side of things. More of the same they've been saying. Also, complaining how a different teacher interacts with them. We talked through everything as best we could with our limited time. I assured them that if they weren't doing anything wrong, they wouldn't be able to get in trouble. Common sense right? Hopefully that sunk in.

No comments:

Post a Comment