Thursday, February 22, 2024

Missing Pieces

My brain got stretched to the max today. 

I'm prepping as much as I can for Mrs. L next week. She is teaching for me for the two weeks I'm gone in AZ. That involves showing her where everything is, teaching her how to access the documents on the computer, and planning ahead for future lessons/tests/study materials. We are still figuring out who will do the parent communication. Crafting the weekly notes Mrs. M does takes some computer finesse and that's not her strong suit. I stayed late after school getting four weekly notes ready ahead of time (the one for this week, the two for the weeks I'm gone, and the one for the week I come back to teaching).

Also on my mind are the students who will be gone in the next few weeks. I thought everyone would be around, but now there are at least three students who will be gone for up to a week! Yikes! That's a lot to keep track of...

Then there's packing for our trip, tidying the house after our remodel wrap up, cleaning the house, doing the dishes, laundry, cooking. G has been picking up where my "homesteading" duties have slacked with my teaching gig. This morning he packed my lunch for me and he cooked supper the past two nights (a layered squash, kale, cabbage, corn, beef ensemble and tonight a potato hash with spinach and taco meat). We make a good team.

It's hard to believe in a few days all those stressors will have been dealt with (or postponed to later because we ran out of time 😅)!

No comments:

Post a Comment