Friday, February 16, 2024

No School, But Kind Of

No school for Mt. Olive today, but I am still teaching. I had a previous obligation to the Christian high school in town, so I showed up bright and early to get myself acclimated to another new classroom.

This one was an English classroom. I was supposed to teach yesterday too, but they found someone else so I could teach at Mt. Olive. Today I taught two classes. I'm already done for the day! They use a block schedule and have about 20 kids in the whole school, so there aren't many classes to teach.

It went pretty well. The teacher left projects for the students to work on, so I was able to get some 'book keeping' tasks accomplished as I supervised. 

Now I'm off to the garden center to hang out for the rest of the day; I'm getting some plant therapy, haha. G said they're in the midst of seeding plants and need extra hands. Tonight we're going to a multi-day virtual trivia challenge at a friend's house in Vernon Center. G works tomorrow and I'll probably go back for more trivia during the day. We're heading to Fulda after he's finished with work to enjoy the rest of the long weekend... no school for Mt. Olive Monday either!

No comments:

Post a Comment