Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Eagles Eggs

PE was great today. Not something I've said too often, haha. 

We played a game from my childhood, learned in 5th grade from Mrs. Wilde, Eagles Eggs. I didn't like PE as a kid, but this game was okay. I had fun playing it. My students did too!

Quick rundown for those who haven't played: capture the flag, but with a set playing field, two teams, each with a nest with two balls in it. The nests are in opposite corners of the field. If players are caught on their way to the other team's nest, they get frozen and need a rescue from a teammate. Players get free backs and have to return to their side before they can do another action (like go for an egg or rescue another teammate).

Mrs. M's class was so strategic about it. They would time it just right so that a few of the fast kids would distract one way, and a bunch of others would sneak in from the side. One team ended up with a bunch of kids tagged at the nest because there wasn't room for them in the nest! 

It's funny because the team that won all four games had complained at the beginning that the teams were unfair and we should re-draw. Ha. Goes to show it's not always the fastest kids that win the game. 

Monday night G and I had surprise visitors for supper. Dad and my brother E were passing through, so they swung by our house to eat. My sister E came over too! We had spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce, shredded pork, and homemade mac and cheese sauce on noodles. Very tasty if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment