Monday, March 25, 2024

Last Day

I almost thought I wouldn't make my last day of school. 

The weather cooperated for the most part. We had a two-hour delay. The streets were fine for me. We had snow last night which turned to rain, but it was about 37 degrees, so it stayed wet. Word on the street the temp will drop tonight and we'll have a big, icy mess in the morning. Hmm. Time will tell. 

Yesterday, I caught a stomach bug. I was parked on the couch from after church through suppertime, throwing up every hour. I wasn't sure if I should go to school today, but I hadn't thrown up overnight and it was my last day, so I powered through. I sure am ready to go home though!

We had to adjust our morning schedule since school started at 10am. I did math, then religion, then a little bit of recess. The girls, even the ones who hadn't been getting along, all played volleyball together. I mustered up enough energy to play too. Regular afternoon for 5th grade. I got all my social studies teaching in plus a little bit more read-aloud. Mr. N's class is just getting to the good part in their book. I'll be sad to miss the rest...

Since I had time before school, I washed my hair and let it air dry. No bun. It really threw off my kids! They kept commenting how long it was. One girl asked how I put it up in a bun, so I showed them the twist method. They were enthralled. 😅

A few fun things from today: A note from a student (one of the TEAM girls), peppermint tea from another student, and a 3D printed Christmas ornament from still another student. He said, "I know it's a little past the season, but I wanted to give you this." It was in that pretty Christmas tin. What a sweet thing to make a teacher!


A parent emailed me about something else and ended with this... "And this was not my son unfortunately, but one of your students left the book fair very quickly. I said 'what's the rush? ' The boy said ' I love HX class and I don't want to miss it'. Good to see kids excited to learn...  even if it is not mine 😉"

Another student whirled around the classroom at the end of the day, sweeping, shutting the extra mood lights off, etc. So "you can just go home right after school! You won't need to do anything else!"

I brought a present to school for the 8th grader who played piano for us for Grandparents Day. I know she likes to bake, so I gave her a cake pan. G thought that was a weird present, but I disagree. Well, maybe it's weird, but I know she'll love it. Her mom is a teacher and eats lunch with me and she said her daughter was thrilled. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment