Monday, December 2, 2013

Another one of those days...

Have you ever had one of those days where you just want to go home and do nothing? 

Joe had the same feeling, except he actually got to do it.  I got to school early this morning to fix up the new bedding in his tank.  It needed more water so I let him walk around the room while I got everything situated.  By the time all the bedding was broken up, the 5th graders were here and they helped mix the sand into the bedding.  We plopped him in the corner where the bedding was mounded up and he dug himself down deep.  We haven't seen him since.  It's crazy how much this bothers the 5th graders.  They want to dig him out and check if he's okay.  I told them they had to leave him alone.  He's probably just grumpy from all the traveling he did this weekend.  And he probably wants to hibernate too; they normally hibernate for most of the year.

The 5th graders were also concerned about his food (I forgot it in my fridge at home).  And they were mega concerned about the Christmas decorations.  That's on the agenda for tomorrow.  Which reminds me, I need to pull out the rest of the decorations.  And figure out what we're making for a parent gift this year.  Yikes!  Christmas is coming fast!  And I need to decorate my apartment too.  And do some Christmas baking...

I had some technical difficulties this morning as well.  My computer screen wouldn't turn on at first.  I tried turning on/off the computer multiple times, then I tried unplugging the main cord.  That turned off my computer and the phone.  Oops.  I tried wiggling the cords.  Nothing.  Then I remembered I had one of the power strips turned off since most of what was plugged in was Joe's lights (and with him out of the building, I didn't think it needed to be on).  And once I had that flip switched, my computer screen worked fine.

But then my email didn't work.  And then the email worked, but the password was set back to the original.  We figured out how to make it work after school though, so I could catch up on all my emails.  Now I just need to figure out what I'm doing with the 7th and 8th graders tomorrow and I can finally go home and do nothing! (or, more likely, read a book and correct papers).

No comments:

Post a Comment