Tuesday, January 28, 2014

At long last...

It seems really weird to say this, but I'm really glad to be back at school.  What with all the cruddy weather we've been having, we haven't had a normal week yet!  I guess this week won't be much different since it's National Lutheran Schools' Week.  We had Twin Day today and played games in the classrooms (and had root beer floats).


This year, instead of just having root beer, we also had orange pop that people could have with their ice cream.  I was really surprised how many people took orange!  I guess it tastes like a cream-sicle. 


We had two hours late this morning, so there isn't much school day to talk about.  We finished up our movie about integration, I badgered the 7th and 8th graders to turn their stuff in, and we learned about slavery in colonial America.  The 5th graders were super in-to the topic!  I can't wait to teach them more about the 3/5ths compromise and Westward Expansion (we touched on them briefly today). 

No comments:

Post a Comment