Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Early Out

We got out of school at 10:45 today.  Well, one of the schools did.  The other school that we go by wasn't going to send kids home until 12:00.  So I had two of my kids on the early bus and two that stayed for the late bus.  We still had lunch and a little bit of recess.


And then... we missed the bus.  I didn't even see the bus pull in.  It must've been in and out in a minute!  But the blame is not mine alone.  This student was taking her sweet time packing up and heading out to the bus.  And one of the other teachers waved the bus off (she probably thought everyone was on it).  Thankfully, the school cook goes in that direction and she volunteered to bring this student home.  Then I had to make a phone call to her mom letting mom know this kid missed the bus.  The mom was a lot calmer about the situation than I thought she'd be.  She was really glad we had a solution already in place when I called her. 


Anyway, now it's time for me to head home.  I hope I'll be able to see the roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment