Thursday, January 23, 2014

Stir Crazy

I never thought myself one to go a little stir crazy, but I suppose there's a first time for everything.


School was cancelled again today because of the cold.  I spent the morning hunkered down in my living room reading books.  And then made some lunch.  And then did some lesson planning.  And then I ran out of things to do at home.


So I made the trek to school to do some work.


At school, I ran into the electrician, who's still trying to fix the heat in my classroom.  Mr. E was also there and he walked me through the heater's problems.  Last night, the temp in my room got down to 47 degrees!  Good thing Joe has his heat lamp or we'd have a very cold tortoise!  It turns out that when the heating element fizzled out, it kicked off the breaker in the fuse box and also the router thing that's in the ceiling.  A lot of that is over my head, but essentially the thing that tells the heaters on one side of the room to turn off and on is broken.  The electrician ordered parts yesterday, but the truck forgot to pick them up.  He rerouted something so that the heaters will run and now the temp is up to 56.  So now we wait until tomorrow morning.  The electrician is going to come back around 10:00... just in time for 2nd grade math.  Oh joy.  Let's hope they have their focusing hats on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment