Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sore Throat

After a nice, long Christmas break, we hopped right back into the action today.  (Monday and Tuesday school was cancelled because of the cold).  Actually, I think this morning was just as cold as it was on Tuesday, but oh well.


I guess my voice got used to not talking as much; my throat feels sore and worn out!  Cheer leading practice after school today didn't help matters.  Those little girls are so excited!  We cheer at our first game tomorrow.


There's a new fad going around.  One of my students made me a necklace out of these little colorful band things.  I guess they come in a kit and you can make bracelets or rings or necklaces...  The student asked me to wear the necklace today so I put it on over my scarf.  One of the eight grade girls said she got a kit like that for Christmas and then at cheer leading, two or three little girls said they had a kit too!  And then they wanted to know who made it and how she made it and how she got it to be so long... whew!  Who knew little bands of rubber could cause so much excitement?


I finally bought my ticket to El Salvador.  The trip is through ThriventBuilds (I think this trip is also associated with Habitat for Humanity).  I'm going to fly out of the Cities on July 12th and arrive at noon in San Salvador.  I'll help build houses for about a week (with a team of 10-15 other people) and then fly back to the US on the 20th. 


Other than that, not too much else is new.  Joe has buried himself and probably won't resurface for another week or two.  This morning I stuck a water bottle full of hot water in his tub so he wouldn't get so cold.  He really must not like traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment