Thursday, January 9, 2014

What a horrible teacher!

*Miss Heintz sheepishly raising her hand* Yep, that would be me.


UGH! I am so disappointed in myself!  Twice today I forgot the same student!


In social studies, the other three got to read aloud from the book.  I specifically told the last student he'd get to read; I wasn't going to forget him.  Then what happened?  We got so sucked in to Mount Vernon (the virtual field trip) there wasn't time to read from the book and he didn't get to read.


THEN, at the end of the day, we went around and did our highs and lows.  I completely skipped over him!  No one said anything until we were dismissed and in the hallway.  Oh I felt so bad!  When I saw him next, I told him he could say 2 highs and lows since I skipped him, but he said not to worry about it.  I still felt horrible.


There's a basketball game coming up in about 30 minutes, so 3/4ths of my class stuck around after school.  They all wanted to hang out in the classroom, but I told them they had to go to the 7/8th grade room like normal otherwise I wouldn't get anything done. 


The boy that I forgot came back in to grab something to work on and he asked me, "Since you forgot about my highs and lows, could I maybe say my memory work in three parts instead of just two?"  (this week is the first article and meaning... very long)  I suppose it's only fair.  So he hung out in the room memorizing his memory work.  Did I get a lot done?  No.  Did I feel better about forgetting him?  Yes. 


He kept thinking of youtube videos for me to look up so we'd have more videos to watch at the end of the day.  Sigh.  Youtube is a weakness of mine.  Today we watched "dancing to an ipod in public, Christmas edition".  He did get all his memory work said and I still have a little time before the game (and our first cheerleading event) to get things done for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment