Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Passion for Fashion

My little fashionista student walks into the classroom this morning and says to me, "Miss H., do you like my outfit today?  Is it stylish?"  When I made my typical, "Oh sure, yeah, you look good" reply, she said, "Oh, cause I don't think so.  I think this outfit totally looked better in my head."  And then she went on to gush about my fashion sense and how she wishes she could be my twin because I always look so fashionable and she likes my boots and my hair and my shirts and my scarves and blah-te-blah-te-blah.  And then, wanting a statement to sum up the full effect of my fashion sensibilities, she declared, "Miss H.  You've got the passion for fashion!"  Well.  I had no idea.


Today everyone had a hard time focusing.  On anything.  5th graders, 2nd graders, 7th and 8th graders... all of them totally off the wall.


It didn't help this morning that the guy came to fix the heaters in our room.  One of the heaters hasn't been putting out any heat for the past week or so, and our classroom has been a little chillier than usual (the other heaters can only crank out so much heat at a time).  I figured my 5th graders would be able to handle the intrusion, but the guy still wasn't finished when it was time for 2nd grade math.  And you know how well these 2nd graders can focus...


So it was mass chaos.  And here I was, actually trying to work through some math problems together with the 2nd grades.  They were spinning around in their seats, trying to watch the guy do his thing.  The 5th graders are trying to focus, but when you have a stranger taking things off the wall and 5 noisy 2nd graders clamoring for attention, it's hard to get much of anything done.  To top it off, Mr. E popped in a couple times to see how the heater fixing was going.  Sigh.


They have to solder a part onto the heater, so the guy took it with him.  He's supposed to bring it back either today or tomorrow.  We're potentially going to have a blizzard tomorrow afternoon; we'll see how it goes.


Now it's time for cheerleading practice.  And then there's PTL tonight.  Good thing I got my groceries and library stuff yesterday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment