Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Divided Loyalties

The brackets for the "Cutties" tournament came out today (aka- the Lakefield Tournament).  Normally people leave around noon and there's no school in the afternoon for the upper grades.  This year, the girls have a bye the first game (so they don't play until Saturday) and the boys... the boys play Fulda.  Oh man!  Do I cheer for my brother's team or for my students' team?  The 5th graders were trying to persuade me to cheer for them.  And then they tried to get the insider scoop, "Is your brother's team good?"  Since I haven't seen them play, I didn't have an answer for them.


The past few days I've noticed one of my students saying "Oh man!" a lot.  I wondered where she picked up the phrase and then I realized... it was me.  It's pretty much my go-to phrase when my kids are telling me a story that's supposed to be super dramatic and full of shocking events.  Today I caught myself saying that phrase at least seven or eight times.  Maybe I need to cut back...


National Lutheran School's Week is next week.  Miss H. (the preschool teacher) put up posters announcing the dress up days for the week.  Monday= PJ Day, Tuesday= Twin Day, Wednesday= Dress Up Day, Thursday= Fake Injury Day, Friday= Blue and Gold Day.  It's coming up super fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment