Tuesday, April 29, 2014

#17

I've decided the 5th graders are not that observant.  I wore my new scarf today... one of my sisters saw the arm-knitting craze that hit Pinterest and must've figured, "This looks pretty cool.  I should try this!  Emily's birthday is coming up; she likes scarves.  I'll make one for her!" (at least, that's what I would've been thinking if the situations were reversed).  Anyway, she made me a fluffy pastel green infinity scarf she likes to call "the cat cloud scarf" because it is cozy like a cat and fluffy like a cloud.  It coincidentally matches the sea green watch I also received for my birthday and a mint green shirt I have in my closet.  Let's just say that I my outfit was super coordinated today. 


None of the 5th graders said anything.  As soon as the 2nd graders walked in, "Wow Miss H! We love your scarf!"  I walked in the office over lunch and saw one of the preschool helpers, "Oh Miss H, what a lovely scarf you have on today!"  After school, standing in the hallway waving kids on the bus, Mrs. E commented on my "cozy" scarf (she was very impressed it was arm-knitted).  But none of the 5th graders.  Eh, I'm used to it by now.


I hit the book jackpot yesterday at the annual BEC library book sale.  It was .25 per book and after browsing the entire children's section I came up with 32 books.  I thought about putting some back, but my sisters convinced me to keep them all.  Now in the past, I've asked for an extra discount since I'm a teacher, and though the ladies running the sale hem and haw about it, I usually get the price knocked down a little.  Yesterday they gave me all 32 books for $5.  That's about .15 per book!  Woot woot! 


The musical is taking over our lives.  We had practice over at church again today.  And it was raining.  Again.  So we shuttled everyone over in our cars.  All this nonstop rain reminds me of Noah!  The pieces are coming together, though we realized the kids don't know the words to the songs all that well.  Extra practice tomorrow!  These afternoon practices are sucking away my history and science time!  I'm getting about 15 minutes here and there, but it's hard to squeeze an already condensed lesson into that small space.  Plus we're missing our afternoon recess, which makes the 5th graders a little grumpy.  They've been really good sports about it so far.


Balloon Activity for tomorrow: extra time to work on piñatas.

No comments:

Post a Comment