Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Green Booger

Have you ever heard of a game called "Green Booger"?  I hadn't either until today.  Mr. D was playing some sort of tag game with the 1st grade girls at afternoon recess today.  He stopped by Ms. J and me to take a break and said, "It's been such a long time since I played Green Boogers; I can't even remember how to play!"  Once he explained some of the rules, I remembered a similar game we used to play called Cherry Bomb.


The 7th and 8th graders had about 15 minutes left of the movie we've been watching all week.  The plan was to finish it and then work on Mystery Class.  Before class I went to get it ready and the DVD wasn't recognized by my computer... even though it worked the last two days.  So I moved it to the DVD player hooked up to the sound system.  When we played the movie, the picture kept freezing and skipping.  So we moved it back to the computer.  Still didn't work.  Moved it back to the DVD player.  It worked okay for a while and then started freezing and skipping again.  So I looked up a YouTube link for the video.  By the time I found the spot I wanted, the DVD player was working fine.  And then it began freezing up again.  UGH!  So we watched the last 7 minutes of the movie on YouTube.  And by that time there were only five minutes left of class.  We put the beanbags away and went to the gym for three minutes of recess.


This morning before school I was working in my classroom (I hadn't lifted the shades yet) when I heard a vehicle drive up.  It was too early for it to be students getting dropped off and too early for Ms. J, so I wondered who it was.  A few seconds later I heard faint scritch scratching at the side door of my classroom.  I thought to myself, "Hmm, I hope that person doesn't expect to get let in by that door."  Then I heard the whoosh of a tape measure.  Ohhh.  It was probably the person going to fix our outside door!  Yay, no more cold air sneaking in through the cracks!  Just in time for the nice warm weather next week.


Easter break starts tomorrow.  Halleluiah!  All our kids are so tired; they all need a break.  The teachers too!  Mrs. E is sending a box of chicks home with me.  None of the kindergarten parents wanted any, so all ten are going to live at my parents' farm.  She got them all boxed up and ready for me after school.  For a while they were peeping up a storm, but they've calmed down now... just in time for me to pick them up and get them situated in my car.  Joe's coming home with me this weekend too.  I wonder how he feels about chicks?

No comments:

Post a Comment