Monday, April 28, 2014

#18

Today's main attraction was the rain.  We could hear the dripping on the roof even with our door closed.  It was so windy the gym fans looked like they were going and they weren't even turned on!  Everyone's energy is zapped.


Well... the 7th and 8th graders were pretty peppy today.  They took a bus to tour MVL today.  I guess there was a poster advertising for Bethany at MVL and my picture was on it.  So the 7th and 8th graders thought that was pretty cool (Mr. E told me).  In class today, we took our own fingerprints using pencil lead and tape.  The 7th and 8th graders identified which kind of print they had on each finger.  It was pretty neat to see how many kinds of prints there are, even on just one person!


The 5th graders learned about light today.  Now they want to do all sorts of light experiments.  *wince* We just don't have much time!  I want to teach them about sound too and I don't know if there's going to be enough time for both.  Musical practice is cutting into our normal science/social time.  If we squish, I think we can make it. 


No more progress has been made on the piñatas.  I did get a brilliant idea during 2nd grade math... the 2nd graders can break the piñatas with us!  I'm keeping that idea to myself for now.  Hopefully the 5th graders will be on board with me about that one.


Balloon activity for tomorrow: work without your shoes on.  The boys weren't too excited about this one; they asked if they had to participate (no, participation is optional on this one).  The girls were pretty pumped though. 


I'm being a little sneaky about the balloon that will be popped tomorrow.  The special activity is supposed to be a rubber band shooting gallery.  I just don't feel like messing with that this week. (And I want more time to teach science).  So I'm pulling a switcheroo.  Instead we're skipping English to work on our piñatas more.  We can always do the rubber band gallery next year.  And none of the 5th graders are the wiser!



No comments:

Post a Comment