Wednesday, April 30, 2014

#16

It finally stopped raining!  Though it's still pretty dismal outside... I've noticed the lower grades are pumped full of energy and the upper grades are pretty mellow. 


Our piñatas are coming along.  The 5th graders have begun to put the tissue paper on.  I don't think it will take too many more days, which is good because we're running out!  There are only a few more chapters left of our read-aloud book.  I don't think we'll finish in time to start a new chapter book.  I'll probably pick some traditional literature stories (aka- folk tales) to read each day. 


Nothing super outstanding happened today.  We examined our images in spoons during 5th grade science (studying convex and concave surfaces).  Next we'll move on to sound.  Which reminds me... I need to borrow an instrument that I can somewhat play.  Hmm...


Oh that's right!  We had a special delivery today.  The school nurse stopped by this morning with a potted plant about to bloom.  She's lending it to us so we can watch the flower bloom.  I can't remember what it's called... something beginning with an "a"?  All I know is it's supposed to be really pretty!


Track and field day events have been chosen.  The two boys and two girls in my class had the pick of the litter.  And there are a ton of extra spaces.  Mr. D didn't want any of his 4th graders to move up an age level, which is too bad because those boys are very athletic.  We're having a practice day on Friday.


Tomorrow's balloon activity: go to MLC to see their spring play.  The 5th graders thought using the play as the special activity wasn't fair because it had been planned way in advance and it was something they already got to do.  I just shrugged and reminded them they wouldn't have science or social studies or math tomorrow, so should they really be complaining? 

No comments:

Post a Comment