Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sandals

The weather was so tricky today!  The morning started out in the mid-30s, but it got up to the 70s this afternoon. We walked over to church for chapel this morning and the nippy air made me rethink my wardrobe choice of capris.  The afternoon heated up, so I ended up being warm enough. 


At noon recess, the 7th and 8th graders played softball.  In the middle of the field, there was some arguing over teams.  All of a sudden I heard someone yell, "Okay, everyone go over by Miss. H!"  It turned out they wanted me to make teams for them!  Ugh.  I'm horrible at divvying up people for teams.  No one complained very much, surprisingly.


At the end of the day recess, the 5th graders wanted to play boys vs. girls kickball and they wanted me or Ms. J to play on the girls team.  Ms. J noticed that neither of us were wearing the appropriate shoes to play.  And the 5th graders remembered that I keep a pair of hiking sandals under my desk.  Shoot!  I knew I should've brought them home!  Actually, playing kickball wasn't that bad.  There were no arguments over who got to be up to bat or if a person was actually out.  The kindergartners were out for recess too, so a few of them played with us.  One kindergarten girl kicked a home run!  That was exciting.  We made a rule that kindergartners couldn't get out at first base.  The 5th graders did a great job making sure the kindergartners knew what they were doing (or at least made it past first base).


Joe's light bulb burned out in the middle of the day.  It seems like I just replaced it!  Just in case, I'm still hanging onto the old bulb.  I need to keep better track of when the bulbs burn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment