Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fool's Day

Surprisingly, my day was fairly free of pranks.  When I got to school, Mr. D passed me in the hall and said, "Your shoe's untied."  Didn't even look down.  (I was wearing slip-on shoes).  I thought about calling everyone in from noon recess early and then yelling "APRIL FOOLS!" But I figured that wouldn't go over too well and it wasn't worth the effort.  My kids didn't do anything fancy.  Ms. J was too worried about how her interview yesterday went to be thinking of pranks.  So a pretty uneventful day.


Since it is the start of a new quarter, I passed out prizes for my 5th graders' Book Bingos last quarter.  One girl left her notebook listing all the books she read at home.  She begged for one more chance to remember it, so hopefully she brings it tomorrow.  One boy read enough books to earn 3 bingos!  They were pretty excited to see the prizes my mom contributed to our prize bag. :) 


After school I was hoping to get a lot accomplished so I could make it home at a decent hour... then I got waylaid by Mr. E and one of the 8th grade girls.  Tonight is Pre-school Round-up and he was having the 8th grader fix an introductory PowerPoint for him (aka- make it fancy).  Well she was having some trouble, so I ended up helping her for about an hour and a half after school.  And now it's time to make a PowerPoint of my own for tomorrow's 7th and 8th grade science class.

No comments:

Post a Comment