Thursday, April 3, 2014

Do you like fluoride?

One of the 5th graders had a dentist appointment this morning, resulting in a late arrival at school.  This, of course, caused much conversation in our classroom. 


"Miss H, do you like fluoride?"  I had walked in on the middle of the conversation, so I missed the whole 'I hate the dentist' bit.  I thought they were asking me about the singer Flo Rida, leaving off the -a on his name.  Confused, I asked, "The singer?"  "No that stuff they put on your teeth!"  "Ohhhh, that fluoride! Not really, no."


Later in the day, one of the girls came up to me, "Miss H, from now on I'm going to call your scarf the Minecraft scarf because it has squares on it like on Minecraft."  I had no idea she has names for all my scarves!  The one I'm wearing today is supposed to look like a cross-stitch, so the print is kind of pixilated, which I guess looks like Minecraft. 


So far we've escaped the snow that's forecasted.  It's been raining on and off all day.  Yesterday Joe was pretty hunkered down under the heat lamp and I made a comment about it at lunch.  That led to a discussion on how animals can tell when bad weather is coming.  One of the girls got all excited, "Miss H, do your knees hurt?"  I can't believe she remembered that!  A while back I told the 5th graders that my knees ache any time there's a big storm coming.  They've been ache free since yesterday, but they're a little sore today... I still don't think we're going to get the 12 inches of snow predicted.  The number keeps dropping down to seven, then five, then three.  I'm bringing extra school stuff home just in case, though I'm predicting we'll get all the precipitation as rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment