Monday, April 14, 2014

The Trail We Blaze

That's right ladies and gentlemen, we started watching The Road to El Dorado today in 7th and 8th ancient history.  The topic was fitting since we are learning about the early civilizations of Central America.  So far I haven't heard any complaining about the movie; let's hope it stays that way.


We took our last Iowa Test this morning.  I think they did pretty well.  I'm really glad we covered the branches of governments as much as we did!  Now we're focusing on Mystery Class.  The majority of the class is finished with the graph and data packets.  They're slowly but surely working on using culture clues to find the 10 mystery locations (most are on #3).


The 2nd graders got through a whole math packet today!  It was one on metric units (which they probably won't use until 5th and 6th grade) so we skipped some of the stuff.  I was a little surprised at how quickly they grasped the concepts.  Tomorrow we'll start a packet on perimeter and area.


I forgot that one of my students was absent on Friday and completely forgot to give him his spelling test this morning!  Oops.  I guess we'll do that tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment