Wednesday, April 2, 2014

French Fry Fun

I never knew how educational French fries could be!  Lunch began with my 5th graders digging through their piles of fries searching for the longest fry.  They even held them up to compare the sizes.  Next was the hunt for the thickest cut fry followed by the smallest fry followed by the most burnt fry.  One of the boys commented, "It's just not my day!  My fries won all the categories!" (thinking about the burned fry and the smallest fry)


The 5th graders had fun on their "treasure" hunt this afternoon.  Last week we made creatures that would blend in with their surroundings.  So today before science, I hid them around the classroom.  One was tucked in an empty slot under the lab table; another hid on the pile of black construction paper in the mailboxes.  My favorite hiding spot was the creature I stuck in the collar of a coat in the corner!  The timer was set for five minutes for them to search the classroom, searching for their "prey."  By the time the five minutes were up, they hadn't found too many, so we added another minute.  Only one person found five out of five.  They all wanted to try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment