Monday, September 29, 2014

Sick

I just about stayed home from school today.  Last night I tossed and turned for about five hours and was so thirsty!  I kept getting drinks and then had to go to the bathroom.  Then, when I finally got up for school, my vision started blacking out.  I sat down and felt a little better, but even raising my arms above my head made them feel tingly, like I wasn't getting enough circulation.  "Maybe I just need to eat something," I thought to myself.  Breakfast helped a little, as did the fresh air going out to my car. 


At school though, I felt awful.  Not sick to my stomach, no headache... just icky and tired.  So I told Mr. and Mrs. E, just in case.  Once the kids were at school, I nearly called Mr. E and told him to start looking for a sub, but I really didn't want to try to slap together lesson plans for someone to understand.  It's one thing for me to be ready to teach it; it's a whole other thing for my lessons to make sense to an outsider. 


So I hung in there.  It was pretty rough for a while.  I felt all right for a while this afternoon and now I'm feeling rundown again.  There's volleyball practice after school today... I'm playing hooky.  Good thing I don't have too much to do for tomorrow.  Oh, I just remembered.  Midterm was last week, so I should try to get midterm grades out this week.  Well, hopefully taking the night off will help me feel better so I can be extra productive the rest of the week.


Our class bake sale yesterday went really well; we made $210.25 total from serving snack and selling cookies/pies/cupcakes/etc.  We have some leftovers that we're going to sell at the soccer/volleyball games this week.


In science we finished up our fruit lab from last week.  Our fruit didn't survive the weekend very well... one of the oranges was moldy and had fruit flies living inside it.  Gross.  The others aren't that much better.  Good thing we finished it up today!  My kiddos had trouble keeping the fruits on the paperclips because they were so mushy!


Volleyball practice... the other coach didn't show up and didn't show up... so I ended up coaching most of practice.  Mr. E came in and said the other coach called and said she'd be late.  So he's correcting papers in the gym while supervising them.  It's not really working because the girls keep coming back in here to see if they can switch what they're doing.


Anyway, I just have to make a few more copies and then I'm out of here for now.  Hopefully I'm better by tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment