Thursday, September 11, 2014

Strange Vehicles

Survived another day of school.  It still amazes me that my students don't realize it's the end of the day.  Again, there were two students today who would've happily stayed at school another hour or two.


I did send a kid home sick today.  He looked pasty white (according to his classmates), and he just looked droopy.  He worked on his handwriting a bit, and it just looked awful (normally he has the best handwriting in the class).  So we called his parents and they came to pick him up at 1:30.  Around lunch time he perked up a little.  And he went outside for recess (and sat there most of the time).  Instead of going on the computer, he rested his head on his desk in our classroom and listened to me teach the 8th graders.  I'm pretty sure he'll be back tomorrow.  Though there is that nasty respiratory thing going around...


Bookmobile came today.  I picked up the latest I Survived book (my students were arguing over who gets it first) and another copy of the first Whatever After book in the series.  We now have three copies of that book in our classroom.  I hope the next ones come in soon!


Originally after school I had planned to do my lesson plans and get stuff done in the classroom, leaving in enough time to head straight to our volleyball game in Mankato.  A half an hour before school got out, the other coach called me.  She wanted to know if I would ride with her to Mankato and then drive one of their vehicles home because her van was in the shop.  So with a little scrambling (and a little squeezing), we crammed everyone into her car, drove to the soccer game, dropped kids off, and went to pick up her van.  I drove the car back to the soccer game/volleyball game/to Immanuel and she's going to stop and pick it up later.  So that was interesting.


Soccer game: ILS dominated.  We got about five or six goals in that I saw and the other team had none.  Volleyball went a lot better than I expected.  We won the first two and lost the third one.  Not bad for our first game of the season!  Monday we're going to work on blocking and hitting backwards.


And now it's time for me to finish mapping out next week so I can get home and correct my class's spelling books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment