Monday, September 22, 2014

Typical

Nothing too exciting happened today.


The 8th graders complained about not having enough recess.  Our bell song (My Country 'tis of Thee) is coming along nicely.  Mrs. E stopped in to say we sounded great!  I think it's time to add another song to our repertoire. 


The younger grades had fun using sidewalk chalk on the parking lot.  My car is boxed in with chalk.  They drew a circle around my car.  I guess I'm stuck here for a while!


First home volleyball game was today.  We played Mt. Olive (a really good team) and lost both B and A squad.  But the girls played really well.  We're playing Janesville tomorrow.  If they play well, we're skipping practice on Wednesday.  Woohoo!  That will give me some extra time to do my shopping for the week.  I forgot about getting supplies for our science labs this week, so I have to do some juggling with my lesson plans.  Not a big deal.  I'm not entirely satisfied with how the teacher's manual is set up for our new physics books.  The teacher mostly asks the class questions and then (I think) they're supposed to read the book and then do the lab.  I don't know how much they're actually absorbing. 


Anyway, this teacher has been at school long enough today.  Time to head for home!

No comments:

Post a Comment