Friday, January 30, 2015

Packing Food

Jesus Food was a success!  We packed 19,000 meals for malnourished people around the world with the kids from Good Shepherd and Gaylord.  My group had a little trouble sticking with their jobs; they all wanted to switch to something else.  And as soon as they'd switch, they'd switch again!  It was hard to get a rhythm down.  We also had a lot of kindergartners and 1st graders and not a lot of big kids, so we needed lots of stools for them to stand on to dump the ingredients into the bag. 


On the way there, I sat with one of the 3rd grade girls.  We made baby footprints on the window and then played tic-tac-toe in the frost.  It was really loud, but I felt surprisingly calm.  I suppose because I didn't have to plan anything or stress about what my students are doing to each other.  They all pretty much know how to behave on a bus. 


We got back to school with enough time to do our spelling tests and enough left over to start Mystery Class.  They seem to understand how to record the photoperiod data.  We even made guesses on the latitudes of our mystery class locations.  MC #4 has no sunrise or sunset time because the sun is already up and doesn't set!  24 hours of sunlight!


The pep fest ended up very loud, but the kids (and parents) had a good time.  Mrs. E's scooter game was hilarious.  Kids were screaming for their chosen team... the boys won.  Then I did group charades: boys vs. girls.  I had them act out a rodeo, a school classroom, and a nursing home.  The boys won that one too, 2 to 1. 


Their first game at the Lakefield tournament is at 4:00 which means I need to leave here in about five minutes to get there in time. I just have to fix Joe up for the weekend and I should be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment