Thursday, September 17, 2015

Off the Walls

Whew, this Thursday was a doozy!


I got a text from a parent saying her child ran out of meds yesterday and would probably be a little off today... yeah, that was an understatement.  This kid could not keep his mouth shut and his hands to himself.  And that of course fired up the rest of the boys in the class.  There was nothing he could do about it; his self-control was pretty much gone.  It was like there was a pre-schooler with a sugar high in my room all day. 


That aside, today was actually a fairly good day.  We learned how to make good powerpoints during Writing Workshop, so the class was fired up to test it out.  Everyone handed their spelling in on time (though a few had to stay in from part of recess to finish).  The 7th graders asked a lot of questions during ancient history.  And the Bookmobile came today!!! I wasn't going to go on it since I have a pile waiting at home, but I thought it might be nice to have some movies this weekend... yeah, bad choice.  I didn't find any movies, but I did pick up three books!  Mr. E graciously took over recess duty so I could have a bit of a break.


It's been raining on and off all day.  We've been on the edge of our seats to see if the soccer game is still on (and the volleyball too).  The last two minutes of school brought torrential rain... and the games are still on!  The principal in Janesville said it wasn't raining at all over there.  Although by the time we make it over there the rain will probably arrive in full force.  And on that note, I'm off to Janesville!



No comments:

Post a Comment