Thursday, September 10, 2015

One Practice, One Game

Well... our first volleyball game was today.  It just got over, in fact.  We didn't do half bad! The Immanuel Mankato team was super tall (and full of 7th and 8th graders), but they hadn't been playing volleyball many years, so our team stood a chance!  We lost the first game by only about 10 and won the second game.  Our third game was neck and neck and we only lost by three.  The girls played super well and most of them got their serves over!  All in all, I was quite impressed.


The soccer game also went well.  I worked on school-work for most of the game and saw the last half-hour.  We ended up winning 5-4.  It's really nice having most of my kids playing; then I always have someone to cheer for!


Another fairly normal school day again.  We had some great writing going on during Writer's Workshop, though they were a bit hard to focus during Daily 5.  Everyone handed in their spelling on time! ... but that means I have to correct it all.  And only two of the class haven't said their memory.  Hopefully we can keep it up!


I thought the Bookmobile was going to make its first appearance today, and although we waited and waited and waited, it never showed up.  That's actually okay for me... I have a ton of library books sitting on my shelf that I haven't had time to read yet.  My students were pretty disappointed though.  There's always next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment