Thursday, September 3, 2015

Relays

Not super hot today but super humid which makes it feel even hotter.  My classroom's AC couldn't keep up so we were at a toasty 78 for most of the day.  They were still ready to learn though! I'm having so much fun with them; I can tell it's going to be a good year. 


Mr. E wanted to start soccer practice during noon recess, so he volunteered to watch them outside.  That meant I got to stay inside in the cool and work on my to do list.  Yes!


We ended the day with all-school relays in the gym (since it was so gross outside).  All of us teachers came up with an idea, but we ran out of time so we only did three of the relays.  Mr. E's was to get a bucket of popcorn transferred to the other end of the gym with little cups.  Miss N's was to hold hands and transfer a hula hoop from one end of the people line to the other without letting go of hands.  Mr. D's was to crawl from one end of the gym to the cones, find your pair of shoes, put them on, then run back to the starting line.  Then we had popsicles and signed yearbooks.  A lot of kids forgot them (even with the reminder note I sent yesterday).  Oh well.  Such is life.


Now I'm just finishing up a few things in my room and I'm taking off for Fulda!  No school tomorrow!  My brother Ethan has a football game tonight (pushed back to 8:00 to hopefully cool down some) and his 18th birthday is tomorrow.  It'll be nice to have a good long weekend to recuperate from this short week of school... and of course do more planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment