Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Drooping and Dragging

Not gonna lie, this morning was rough.  Possibly the roughest start to the day I've ever had teaching, all because of this stupid cold.  Fear not! I'm feeling more human now and can actually breath through my nose (and though my ears are still pluggy, that's getting better too as the day goes on).  I kinda just went through the motions this morning. 


One of the boys who was sick yesterday was back.  On a usual day he can need some reining in... today I could tell he still wasn't feeling 100%, which meant even more surly behavior.  And I did not feel up to containing his outbursts.  So.  Like I said.  This morning was rough.


But after lunch was good! I even felt better enough to join in the 4-square game at recess.  Just in time too, we have our last volleyball game tonight... I should leave in a few minutes actually.  I was supposed to bring some players with me, but they all told me today they now have other rides.  Fine with me I guess.  I have everything done for tomorrow, so I can actually go straight home after the game and not even stop back at school! Woohoo!


Oh, we had a fire drill today.  I knew it was coming, but even with knowing, the sharp sound of the alarm startled me.  One kid looked at me with panic and raced to line up at the door... and then he realized it was a drill.  No one told the cook, so she actually screamed when it went off! Although she said she probably would've screamed either way.  We always time our drills to see if we pass.  I think we did today.  Tomorrow the fire fighters are coming out to visit and test us again!

No comments:

Post a Comment