Thursday, October 29, 2015

Star Wars Battle

Whew, it feels like a Star Wars battle is going on inside my head... pew! pew! pew! lasers going everywhere!  My thoughts are bouncing in a million directions!


The good news is the plug in my tire is still holding.  There really isn't any bad news today.  My kids have been a little overwhelmed with the amount of paperwork I'm having them do for NaNo prep, and so have I in trying to keep everything straight in the grade book.  One whiteboard is covered in names of assignments and students who haven't handed it in yet.  Then came the questions, "Miss H, I'm done with spelling, can I do an extra Work on Writing round instead?" Or "I'm done with everything, can I do Read to Self?" One after another, and each one I had to think over in my head, should I let them or shouldn't I?  When I wasn't meeting with students on their writing ideas, I met with them on their read-to-self books. 


Finally at lunchtime I had a break! For about a minute.  Chicken Fajitas were on the menu, and they take forever to serve.  By the time I got back to the classroom with my tray, the boys were raring to go to recess.  Watching me like a hawk, they raced to the gym when I took my last bite of fajita.  I finished eating my lunch standing in the gym.  And then they complained when I called them in from recess at the normal time.  I didn't even get to go to the Bookmobile today!  Sigh.  But enough of the pity party. 


My class is getting excited about the Fall Carnival tomorrow.  I've had kids bringing in candy and supplies all week!  I've decided to be Rosie the Riveter tomorrow.  I should've planned that last week and brought a coverall/boots/red bandanna from home.  In my classroom I have a red/orange/yellow bandanna that will have to do.  I'm borrowing a coverall from someone, so that's covered.  Not sure what to do about boots.  Eh, if all else fails, I can wear all black and be a mime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment