Thursday, October 8, 2015

Last Practice

My life has been filled with Silent Auction items.  I think I have most of the bidding sheets filled out (and the items organized somewhat in the closet).  Some of the smaller items, like gift cards, I'm waiting to put together in case we want to pair them with another smaller item.  A few parents are meeting tonight to wash potatoes for the dinner... no parent told me about it, so I'm hoping I can sneak home before they ask me to stay...


This morning one of the boys quoted a line from one of my all-time-favorite youtube videos... bacon is good for me.  I added more quotes from the video and half the class looked at me like I had lost my mind.  Actually, the other half of the class looked at me almost the same, like "wait, you actually know what we're talking about???" So at the end of the day we watched the video so they would all realize that their teacher was not totally crazy.  I couldn't help mouthing along to some of the best lines... one of the 6th grade girls caught me at it (more than once) and laughed.  That video was so fun, we watched another one! This time it was Top 60 Ghetto Names.  Their favorite name was "guuuuuurrrrllll".


Our last volleyball practice was good.  It seemed kind of silly to put up the net for only one hour of use, but set it up we did! To make matters worse, half of the younger girls forgot about practice and didn't stay.  So we had six girls.  But we got a lot accomplished and I feel ready for the tournament.


We play handbells for the first time on Sunday, so we had to get the tables set up over at church.  For some reason they just couldn't get it through their heads that we had to go over to church. Why? What for?  Yikes!  I couldn't have them walk over with all the heavy traffic our road gets, so we piled into my car and cruised over.  Overall the songs sound okay if they remember to play them right... we could use some more practice.  Maybe we'll go over tomorrow too.  I'll have to check with Mr. E what's going on in his math class if can steal my 6th graders back early.

No comments:

Post a Comment