Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Shout Outs

Miss N gave me a pretty cool idea today.  She has a "shout out" box at the front of the classroom where kids can write compliments to each other and they'll be read to the class at the end of the day.  Today, one of her kids wrote one to me! "This compliment is for Miss Hins. This person is a nice prcine [person] she dus reding buttes [reading buddies]. From your friend, [student]"  How sweet is that?  I think I'm going to start doing that with my class.  Miss N said she got the idea from Pinterest.


I also had a good idea today.  Our iPads are never charged up because I always forget to plug them in.  The open outlets are on the other side of my desk where I can't get to them easily and the charging cords are in a desk drawer.  I found a metal hook in my desk, bent it slightly so one end is flat, then stuck it to the side of my desk by the iPads with a magnet.  Now we can hook the charging cords to my desk so they're by the iPads, but not in the way! And my kiddos can charge them when they need it.  Yes!


After school today we teachers got together in the office to make gift bags for the LEC speakers.  Here I was thinking it would take us a half an hour or so... it only took us 10-15 minutes to make 36 bags.  We got an assembly line going and stuffed the bags with candy, granola bars, gum, mints, fruit snacks, water, etc.  Then someone put tissue paper in the top.  We divided the bags amongst the teachers so one person doesn't have to bring all 36 to the conference tomorrow.  The back of my vehicle is a lot more slippery than my old car (things tend to slide around when they're back there), so I put my portion of the bags on the floor behind my seat.  Hopefully they don't get too mushed!


I actually got my to-do list for this week entirely done! And a few things on next week's list as well! I think I'm going to focus on schoolwork tonight, planning everything for next week so I don't have to think about it on my days off the rest of this week.  And after posting this, I should be finished with my things at school, and I can even go home early! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment